TEA, an amazing text editor written in Qt4, has been updated recently to version 33.5.0 which improves support for Qt5. This text editor is portable and requires no installation, you need simply to download the Tea archive file from here, extract it, then double click the executable file to start it or see below for an alternative installation method.
TEA comes with various features, here are some of them:
- Built-in MC-like file manager
- Tabbed navigation support
- Syntax highlighting for programming languages (C++, Bash scripting, Java, HTML, XML, Vala, PHP, Perl, Python, TeX/LaTeX, etc.)
- Multiply encodings support
- Drag'n'drop support for text files and images
- Preview in external web browsers
- Docbook, Wikitext, LaTeX, and Lout editing support
- Hotkeys customizations
- Built-in image viewer, converter and resizer (support for most image formats), etc.
For full features, click here.
To install Tea in Ubuntu/Linux Mint (12.10/12.04 or Linux Mint 14/13), enter these commands:
wget http://goo.gl/N8cZV -O tea-33.5.0.zip
unzip -q tea-33.5.0.zip
sudo mv tea /usr/local/bin/
You can start it now with this command:
Tea Text Editor Removal
To remove it from your system, enter this command:
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/tea