We have previously covered many video converters for Ubuntu. Today, we will introduce another multimedia converter called viDrop, which is an application with GUI that allows users to convert videos or movies to any other video format to play on your PMP, smartphone, tablet PC, etc.
Here are some of the features for viDrop:
- Support for numerous video formats (asf, avi, dv, flv, ipod, matroska, mov, mp4, mpeg, psp, rawvideo, rm etc.)
- Convert DVD movies to any other video format
- Add subtitles to your videos and movies
- Add various video filters
- Videos can be cropped, resized, blurred, sharpened, etc.
To install viDrop on Ubuntu 12.04/11.10/12.10, open the terminal and run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.learnfree.eu/repository/skss / #SKSS"
wget http://download.learnfree.eu/repository/skss/repo.pub.asc -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vidrop
viDrop's home page go here.