Wine has been updated to version 1.5.6 (development release). This version comes with more improvements in terms of stability and performance. Here are some of the new changes in Wine 1.5.6:
- Auto setup of Mono add-on package.
- A Control panel applet for game joysticks.
- Device bitmap rendering now done through the DIB engine.
- Support for video rendering through DirectX (VMR-9).
- First steps towards a D3D shader compiler.
- Build fixes for DragonFly BSD.
- More bug fixes.
For complete changes, check this page. To install Wine 1.5.6 on Ubuntu 12.04/11.10, issue these commands from the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.5