In this tip we will see how to adjust the default window size of the Gnome Terminal in Ubuntu 12.04/11.10. When opening the terminal from the Unity dash, a fixed window size is set. To change it, you can follow these instructions:
- From the Unity dash, open Main Menu:
- Open the Accessories tab and select Terminal from items menu, then click Properties:
- In the Command field, add this parameter at the end (space separated):
- Open the terminal and run this command:
- In the window that opens, right-click the "gnome-terminal.desktop" file and select Properties:
- In the command field, add this parameter:
Then click Close. Log out and log back in, then start the terminal from the Unity dash to see if the trick worked or not.
NOTE: This trick doesn't work when opening a new terminal window or calling the terminal with the CTRL+ALT+T keyboard shortcut keys.