Apache OpenOffice 3.4 is the first release published by the Apache Software Foundation. As you know, Oracle has dropped OpenOffice on Apache in the aim of supporting developer and open-source communities.
Apache OpenOffice 3.4 comprises six applications:
- Word Processor
- Presentation Graphics
- Formula (Equation Editor)
- Improved ODF (Open Document Format) support with addition of ODF 1.2 encryption
- Improved printing experience in Linux systems
- Improved pivot table support for Calc
- Adding support to Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- More language support, etc.
Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Installation (i386)
Open the terminal and issue these commands to install Apache OpenOffice 3.4 under Ubuntu 12.04/11.10:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/office
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openoffice
You can now start OpenOffice 3.4 via the Unity dash: