Cairo-Dock has been updated to version 3.0. Here are some of the new changes in this final release:
- Improved Taskbar
- Improved Text Drawing
- The Logout Applet Allows Now To Switch Between Users
- More Keyboard Shortcuts Added For Powerful Control Over Your Dock
- Shortcut keys Can now Be Managed In A single Place (Configuration Window)
- A New Twitter Applet Added That Allows Tweeting In A Single Click
- The Ubuntu Sound Menu Gets Integrated Into The Sound-Control Applet
- GTK3 Support (Better Integration In Gnome Desktop Environments)
- Many Bug Fixes, etc.
To install Cairo-Dock 3.0 under Ubuntu 11.10/12.04 or older, open the terminal and run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
For more information, check this page.