The stable version of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin is now available for download with five year support. This long awaited version brings many new features and performance, we can mention them briefly as follows:
- Improved interface for Unity (version 5.10) which brings more performance and users can now use the Dash to search for videos both locally and online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- Improved multi-monitor support.
- X.org v. 7.6 / Xorg server v. 1.11.4 / GNOME 3.4.1
- This release is based on kernel 3.2.x which brings more device support and improved performance.
- As for default applications, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin comes with LibreOffice 3.5.2, Firefox 11, Thunderbird 11.0.1, Nautilus 3.4.1, Banshee is replaced with Rhythmbox due to stability problems, etc.
Here are download links for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS
- Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS
- Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS
- Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Then follow upgrade instructions.