Coto (aka Fast and Easy Web Server Installation) is simply a Bash script that allows users of Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Debian, and Mandrake to install and configure a web server in an easy and fast manner. Coto allows for example to:
- Update and install Apache, PHP, MySQL, SQLite, Django, and Subversion
- Configure SSH and IPTABLES
- Configure and securitizing Apache and MySQL
- Create SVN and TRAC repositories
- Create a mail server
- Create a cron backup (mysql, apache, trac & svn), etc.
wget -O coto-server-easy-install-0.2-17.tar.gz http://goo.gl/kXmDb
tar zxvf coto-server-easy-install-0.2-17.tar.gz
cp ~/coto-server-easy-install-0ae46a9/config.sample ~/coto-server-easy-install-0ae46a9/config
To start the installation, run this command:
A list of options will be proposed (go now through each option to install and configure your web server):
For more help about this Bash script, you can refer to its creator here.