In this guide, we will help you install the Nvidia driver on a system running Debian Squeeze. Here are the instructions:
1. First edit sources.list by running these commands:
2. And add this line at the end of the file:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
3. Save the file and close it, then update your system with these two commands:
4. Install now the Nvidia Kernel module with these commands:
aptitude install nvidia-kernel-$VERSION nvidia-glx
aptitude install nvidia-xconfig
5. Finally, you should install Nvidia Settings with this command:
aptitude install nvidia-settings
6. Reboot now your system.
Warning: USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK!