To save time, you can set your frequently used programs to open automatically at Ubuntu 11.04 startup. These programs incluldes Firefox, Chrome, text editor, media player, etc.
1. Using the dash, search for "startup applications" and open it.
2. In the window that appears, click Add.
3. Another window pops-up, enter a name for the program you want to start automatically at Ubuntu startup, then click Browse.
4. In the next window, select any program of your choice (usually in /usr/lib), then click Open.
5. Add now a comment (optional), then hit Add.
6. Click now Close to close the Startup Applications window.
The selected program will now be started automatically at every Ubuntu startup.