Here are some of its features:
- Bookmarks synchronization
- Password Synchronization
- More Security On Saved Passwords
- Elegant Design
- Live Speed Dial Extension
- Auto-Detection & Setup Of Adobe Flash Player
- Auto-Detection & Setup Of Oracle Java
- HTML5 Support
- Faster Software Graphics & Browser Engines, etc.
To install Opera 11.50 on Ubuntu 11.04, launch the Terminal and issue these commands:
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ stable non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install opera
You can then launch it via the dash by searching for "opera":
You can also place a shortcut for Opera 11.50 in the Unity Launcher by dragging its icon from the dash and drop it in the Unity Launcher.