OpenClonk is a free multiplayer action game where the user controls a tiny chap by firing weapons, jumping, digging, and climbing to reach his goal. In this guide, we will help you install it on Ubuntu 11.04, but you can also install it on Ubuntu 10.10/10.04.
To install OpenClonk on Ubuntu 11.04, then follow these instructions:
1. Using the dash, open Synaptic Package Manager, then click Settings > Repositories:
2. Under the Other Software tab, use the Add button to add these two lines:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openclonkdevteam/release/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/openclonkdevteam/release/ubuntu maverick main
3. Close the Software Sources window, then in Synaptic Package Manager, click Reload.
4. Exit Synaptic Package Manager and launch the Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run this command to start the installation of OpenClonk:
sudo apt-get install openclonk
5. You can then start the game using the dash:
OpenClonk Gameplay Video: