Spotify is currently available to the following countries:
- United Kingdom
Spotify is compatible with Windows and Mac versions, but you can install it on Ubuntu with the help of Wine 1.3, which is an open source software that allows Ubuntu users to run Windows applications. You can find here a tutorial explaining how to install Wine 1.3 on Ubuntu 11.04.
1. After installing Wine 1.3, download the latest Windows version of Spotify from here.
2. Right-click now on the downloaded file and select Open With Wine Windows Program Loader.
3. Leave the destination folder as it is, then click Install.
4. A warning message will pop-up at the end of the installation, click OK.
5. A shortcut for Spotify will be created in the desktop, double-click it to launch the application. You can also launch Spotify using the dash:
6. You can now sign in using your Spotify account to start listening and sharing music.