The Battery Status indicator allows laptop users to display their battery status on the top panel. This indicator will help you get notified when your battery level is low.
To install the Battery Status indicator on Ubuntu 11.04/10.10/10.04, run these commands from the Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T):
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:iaz/battery-status
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install battery-status
To start Battery Status, run this command from the Terminal:
Or create a new launcher for Battery Status using these steps:
1. On your desktop, make a right-click and select Create Launcher:
2. Enter now the following details for this shortcut:
- Name: Type any name of your choice for this shortcut (Battery Status, for example)
- Command: /usr/lib/battery-status/battery-status --indicator
You can click the icon frame and select a battery icon from your hard drive to assign it to this shortcut, when done, click OK.
3. You can now run this application from the desktop instead of using the Terminal: