MOC (music on console) is a free console audio player that is very easy to use. Playing audio files with MOC is very simple, you need just to browse to the directory containing your audio files using keyboard arrow keys to play them.
Here are some features of MOC:
- Internet Stream Support (shoutcast and icecast)
- Remapping keys
- Change Theme Color (Press T), etc
The file formats supported by MOC are currently:
Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, FLAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Speex, and AU. Other formats will be supported soon.
To install MOC on Ubuntu 11.04/10.10/10.04, launch the terminal and issue this command:
sudo apt-get install moc
To start MOC, issue this command via the terminal:
Here are some MOC key functions:
- Press Enter to start playing audio files
- Press Right/Left arrow keys to move music forward and backward
- Press A to add audio files to the playlist, C to clear the playlist, and V to save the playlist
- Press E to refresh the equalizer
- Press the Spacebar or P to pause music
- Press D to delete items from the playlist
- Press G to search files inside the current directory
- Press Q to detach MOC from the server
- Press S to toggle shuffle
- Press R to toggle repeat
- Press F to toggle ReadTags option
- Press TAB to switch between file list and playlist, etc
For more key functions, press H.