In this guide, we will see some useful Ethernet network commands that you may need to troubleshoot your computer wired network. To be able to run these commands properly, you have to log in as root or use the "sudo" prefix via the terminal.
- To obtain info about your network interfaces, issue this command:
- To obtain info about a specific network interface, issue this command:
ifconfig -a eth0
ifconfig -a eth1
and so on.
- To enable a network connection manually, run this command:
sudo ifconfig eth0 up
Replace "eth0" with your own network interface.
- To disable a network connection manually, run this command:
sudo ifconfig eth0 down
- To restart your network, issue this command:
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart