K3b is in fact an interface for cdrecord: a command line burning software for Linux. In this guide, we will see how to install K3b on Ubuntu 10.04 / 10.10.
Launch the terminal and issue this command:
sudo apt-get install k3b
To start it, open Applications > Sound & Video > k3b, or launch it via the terminal with this command:
How To Burn Data With k3b
1. Insert an empty CD or DVD into your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
2. Launch k3b and at the bottom of the main program's interface, click one of these buttons:
- New Data Project: Use this action to burn data files from your hard drive.
- New Audio CD Project: Use this action to burn an audio CD.
- Copy Medium: This action allows to copy a CD / DVD mounted in your CD/DVD-Rom drive.
- More Actions: Click this button to get more actions, such as erasing rewritable disks, ripping audio and video CDs or DVDs, burn images (iso images, for example), etc.